All black and white photography is welcome
and all subjects are eligible.
The exhibition is open to photographers world wide, both amateur and professional. The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
Jim Casper, Editor and Publisher of Lens Culture, Paris, France. Lens Culture is a popular
online magazine featuring international contemporary photography, attracting more than two
million unique visitors per year from more than 100 countries worldwide. Since early 2004,
Jim Casper has edited and published Lens Culture; including writing articles, essays and criticism
about photography; conducting, recording and publishing audio interviews with important
photographers; and participating in portfolio reviews, conferences and photography festivals
worldwide. Casper also serves on the board of directors of San Francisco’s PhotoAlliance,
a non-profit educational organization.
Several photographers whose work has first appeared in Lens Culture have since gained worldwide recognition, including new gallery representation, participation in solo and group exhibitions, promotion
and profiles in high quality regional and international magazines and newspapers, commissions for
new work, and sales of their artwork.
* Entries due: June 9, 2009
* Notice of acceptance: June 19
* Exhibition dates: August 28 – September 26
* Reception: September 4
* The entry fee for non-members is $35 USD for the first three images.
* The entry fee for members of The Center for Fine Art Photography is $20.00 USD for 3 images.
* Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.
There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
Applicants signing up for membership at the time they submit their work for
jurying may become a member and meet the entry fee for a total of $77.00 USD.
Exhibition and Awards:
With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
* Juror’s Selection award: $300
* Lens Culture Award: One artist will be selected to present a 6-image portfolio in Lens Culture’s online magazine for one month.
* Director's Selection award: $200
* Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
* Two Artists’ ShowCase
* All exhibitors are included in the Center's online gallery